I was busy today doing things around the house, and wanted to spend Valentines Day evening with my girlfriend, so I have but a short, simple post for you on this Sunday.
Played Stardew Valley with breakfast
- Just a small bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats and a glass of water. Today was my first time playing Stardew Valley since the new 1.5 update hit consoles this week. Willy’s new boat looks cool, looking forward to repairing it.
- My dinosaur laid an egg, and I made it into Dinosaur Mayonnaise so I can one day turn the old supermarket into a movie theater. What a sentence.
- Today’s shower podcast was Threedom, a podcast where comedians Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus, and Scott Aukerman talk to each other. Highly recommended.
Exchanged Valentine’s Day gifts with my girlfriend
- My Valentine’s gift to her – an original 17-piece Magic Bullet set, complete with a photo of Mick and Mimi from our favorite infomercial on the box – has not arrived yet. USPS is still having a rough go of it.
- Her Valentine’s gift to me – a framed gouache painting of a banana she made – is outstanding, and will now hang in our bathroom forever.
- A leftover panini and waffle fries from our local diner. The waffle fries were way too crispy this time. Panini was good, though.
Tried a new flavor of Twix
- My sister made a bodega trip to grab water bottles for the movers she has coming, and picked up the new cookies & cream Twix she’s been getting Instagram ads for.
- It is not as good as it looks. Too sweet, and not enough flavor.
Dusted with our new vacuum
- Yesterday, I installed our new Dyson vacuum – my sister is taking the old one with her – and I love it. These folks make a good vacuum. I am obsessively vacuuming everything.
Opened and installed our new TV
- My sister is taking her old TV with her in the move, so I finally had a reason to upgrade. I very publicly hated that TV because it was tiny, shitty, and only 1366×768 in resolution.
- What the hell kind of resolution is that.
- The new TV is 40″ and 1080p, thank you very much.
- No, I did not look at 4K TVs, no one needs a 4K TV.
- This one is beautiful, and everything looks extremely good on it.
Packed my sister’s TV
- Right in the new TV box, along with the old stand, remote, and some picture frames.
Continued playing Bowser’s Fury, which is really quite good
- Super Mario 3D World, possibly the best Mario game of all time, finally came to the Switch this week, along with a new expansion titled “Bowser’s Fury.”
- It’s sort of an open-ish-world cross between 3D World and Super Mario Odyssey.
- It’s extremely good.
Ordered fancy dinner from a nice local Italian restaurant
- Gnocchi Pomodoro – with their housemade tomato sauce – for myself.
- Gnocchi Bolognese for my girlfriend.
- And 3 of their incredible Chocolate Lava Cakes.
Got the wrong thing, but ate it anyway
- Instead of Gnocchi Pomodoro, they sent me gnocchi in vodka sauce.
- I am not a huge fan of cream sauces.
- This was in addition to being delivered 25 minutes late because it’s Valentine’s Day and I’m sure they were slammed.
- All things considered, it wasn’t bad.
Ate chocolate lava cake together
- This made up for any and all wrongs.
- Just sublime.
Played Super Mario 3D World with my girlfriend
- She’s never played before.
- I played through on WiiU.
- We started a new co-op file together.
- It’s extremely fun.
Wrote this blog
- It’s nothing much, but it’s another post in the can.